Thursday 6 September 2012

Every day that I don't post, God kills one frog.


Hey, you. I’ve been not writing. I have no excuse. Some things came up, and you know…I have a lot of important sitting to do. Sometimes it just gets crazy around here. Yesterday I was eating breakfast, and only an hour later I had to take the bins out.

Just kidding. I never take out the bins.

I was hoping that starting a blog would be the catalyst for some inspired creative frenzy, by the same magical science that makes you lose weight when you say “I think I’m going to join a gym soon”. But alas, it turns out a mere claim to a web address does not make you any better of a human. Only drugs and money can do that. So I’ll have to really, really, honest-to-God truly put some more effort into keeping this up. I’ve actually taken up running and kept up with it for the last couple of weeks, much to the delight of all the locals who felt the neighbourhood was lacking a strawberry-faced elf doing comedy jogging. Seems to give the old folks a laugh while they tend their gardens and wait for death. This newfound determination made me think I might be able to commit to other things in my life besides being terrible, so I put pen to paper (the pen of my mind to the paper...of my mind) and spent a whole fifteen seconds coming up with an idea for a new post. That post is planned for Monday (I'm away this weekend), so fear not. I have given you a tiny crystal of pure luminescent hope; the hope of knowing you may read more from me, and soon. Take that crystal and carry it with you always, in your heart. Then take it to the Temple of Sh’aar-Roth and feed it to the beast-gods.

Then run.

No comments:

Post a Comment