Tuesday 14 July 2015

It's hot.

Like, really really hot.

Summer came slowly - up until now we'd been having a good few months of warm breezes and pleasant t-shirt weather. A couple of days ago the blasting heat and humidity suddenly hit like a big hot hammer. A wall of solid discomfort. I can look forward to another couple of months of this.

It's sort of like having a toddler, in that you're always tired and everything in your house is sticky.

The air conditioner in my flat is a) expensive b) environmentally questionable c) only covers my living room. As with last year, my sleeping routine now consists of going to bed, waking up an hour later, splashing myself with water, going back to bed, being unable to sleep, going to the living room, turning on the aircon until the room gets decent before turning it off and falling asleep, then waking up again. Repeat every day for a season. The daytime is currently bearable, but I'm probably going to spend a lot of time in shopping malls and cafes just to stay somewhere cool. I've got healthier at cooking but I'm going to struggle to motivate myself to exercise. It's all just a bit crap and I wish I was at home just for this bit of the year.

Off now to rub ice on my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment