Wednesday 16 December 2015

My laptop broke :(

Bit of a rubbish time, really, what with the most expensive time of year coming up (and because I'm part-time I'm not getting paid at all during the holiday period). I'm trying to get a new one, but find myself stuck in the middle of a few imperfect options - buy a laptop with a Japanese keyboard (workable, but the delete key is so tiny), import a laptop from abroad (posting anything to Japan containing lithium-ion batteries is illegal) or type everything on my phone forever. Being temporarily cut off from the world of tabbed browsing is useful in a way, I suppose, opening my senses to the Earth and enabling me to hear birdsong and rat feet and shit like that. Nonetheless, I want my computer back. Waaahhh.

In good news, I will be going to Taiwan for New Year, which will be my first trip out of Japan (apart from my one visit home in May). In neutral news, I still don't know what I'm doing for Christmas. There might be an attempt at a traditional roast dinner done in my tiny impractical toaster oven. I found Brussels sprouts here for the first time recently, so maybe I'll have some of them, even though I don't really like them. Could set up Netflix and put The Great Escape on loop. Who knows. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment