Monday 17 April 2017

Weekend Frolics Photodiary: Glasgow

A couple of weeks ago, I ended up on an impromptu 24-hour trip to Glasgow. The city's been on my radar for some time now - I've been to Edinburgh a couple of times, but I've heard Glasgow is often considered the better option for museums, arts and character. I'm not sure if I would have got round to visiting if not for various coincidences, but I'm glad I ended up there, if only for a day. I don't feel like I got enough exploration in to make any extended comments on the place, but I thought I'd share some photos and a few thoughts! That's all.


The Pot Still - local pub famous for its massive whisky collection. I'm not a big whisky drinker, but the beautiful range on offer just begs you to try it. I ended up with something smoky and...mossy? I don't know how to describe things.



Botanical gardens. Featuring a fun carnivorous plant section (did not get to see anyone be eaten by plants). 


Hillhead Bookclub - a bar/cafe/vintage shop in the West End. Mouthwatering menu. Just on the right side of hipster.




Kelvingrove Museum - beautiful lobby (where we managed to catch a free organ concert), some interesting niches of local and international art.



Hanging from the roof of the museum. Good for photo ops.



Very important Scottish cultural product. Not a proper trip without. 



First thing that happened when I got out of the airport was a guy at the taxi rank cracking a joke at me. Last thing I saw before I went back to the airport was this. Apart from the wideness of the roads and the colour of the stone, the humour is probably the thing that sticks with you the most.




See you for another frolic soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment