Monday 4 February 2013

Mate, I suck.

So about two months ago, I wrote a post on this blog that actually got some attention. Somehow. What's more, the post in question took hardly any effort from me to write. Like lightning from my fingers, like Athene  born from Zeus's brain, like all sorts of bad similes it just came out of me. Unlike this post, which is currently being squeezed out of me like pus. From a stone. Made out of armour. This burst of productivity came as a delightful surprise, because my typical writing process has all the speed and flow of an aging St. Bernard dragging an obese man through a snowdrift.

Rather than capitalise on this newfound attention, I scampered off to eat Christmas food and roll around in snow. I left this page to lie fallow, or to grow weeds, or to whatever the shit happens to fields when you don't tend them. I don't know, I don't garden. I've a few ideas for how to get back into writing again, but it's difficult because I'm still not sure exactly what I want this blog to be. When I first created it I thought "eh, whatever, it can be anything I want it to be" but I'm starting to feel like if I have more of an idea of what its content should be, I'll have more of an idea of what to write in it. Having no parameters at all makes this space seem a lot more intimidating than it should be. Nonetheless, I've a couple of ideas for new posts, and whether they 'fit' or not they'll be here and you can read them and maybe you'll go "hmm" or "yes" or "bullshit are chocolate M&Ms better than peanut ones". You can expect to see them up in the next week, so I hope to see you soon. And tell me off if I'm not writing enough. It validates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment