Monday 13 October 2014

Typhoons

A typhoon has come, the second in a week. There was another a couple of months back too. The previous two both spun out into mere gusts that wouldn't bother a moth, but this one seems more serious, and we had a proper man coming round with a loudhailer telling us to stay inside and everything. My phone went off with a special ringtone I didn't know it had, which basically declares a state of emergency and tells you to get your shit together. I am in my flat with the doors and windows shut. I have an emergency bag ready, containing energy bars and flashlights and my external hard drive because what on earth would I do without my Elder Scrolls saves from eight years ago. I took the washing in. I steeled myself.

And it turns out typhoons are really, really boring.

I have to wait here until tomorrow morning. The internet is slow because everyone is in watching students prank cats on Youtube. We forgot to stock up on food, so I can't snack out of boredom and then wonder why my teeth hurt all the time. I poked my boyfriend with a stick and he didn't do anything worth observing. Nothing else to report.

Bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment