Thursday 6 November 2014

Kids make me sick.

Teaching kids exposes you to a lot of germs.

Teaching kids in a foreign country exposes you to a lot of germs you've never been exposed to before, which in my head basically equates to double germs.

Two months ago a four-year-old coughed directly up my nose and a week later I was swaddled in blankets curled up like a snail-shell on my bathroom floor. This week the SAME child spluttered blithely and without remorse into the blameless air of my classroom, over and over again like an automated snot machine, so now I'm sick again. This week's national holiday was ruined because I needed to stay home with my nausea, and I can't get into a deep sleep so I keep having weird dreams about the mundane things on my bedside table. Wonderful.

Here endeth the lesson: buy your children biohazard suits until they learn to cover their mouths like proper humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment